




We had a great time on our vacation to West Virgina/Charlotte. The plane ride started off well but ending bad. Zach was fast asleep on my lap when we started our descent. He woke up screaming because he couldn't get his ears to pop. I tried to get him to do everything but he was scared so he just was freaking out. He actually wet his pants he was so upset. It was so weird.
Once we got our rental car our drive to West Virgina was very nice. The kids slept most of the way thankfully. We had a great time at the reunion. It was pretty interesting. It is the longest consecutive running family reunion in the whole country. They had a picture of the family tree up and tons of old pictures and a letter from Pres. Bush and Laura congratulating them on the family's 100 year reunion. I finally figured out how Joe's Dad was related. I guess the reunion is for the descednants of his dad's great great great grandfather. Needless to say when you start going back that far most of the people at the reunion were 3rd and 4th and possibly 5th cousins so nobody really knows anyone else. It was pretty neat though. I'm sure it would be fun to start something like that and actually keep it going.
On our way to Charlotte we stopped at the New River Gorge. It was beautiful. Zach was so proud of himself for "hiking" the whole way himself. I was so proud of myself for carrying Kailtyn the whole way up the stairs and not collapsing :-)
We stayed with Joe's sister, Tina, and husband, Troy, for a few days. Zach had a blast playing with their golden retriever, Elvis and swimming in their gigantic clubhouse pool. I'm so mad that I didn't get pics of him going down the waterslide.
We met Angelle and Leah and Erin at the Discovery Museum and once again the kids had a blast. We also spent the next night with them. Zach and Leah got to have a sleepover but neither of the kids wanted to go to sleep so we had to separate them until Zach fell asleep. They woke up together though :-)
We got home Thursday and Joe and I left Friday morning for my firm outing without the children.
No comments:
Post a Comment