So after reading Kerri's blog the other day I couldn't have imagined how scary that must have been. Well...two weeks later I'm in the same position.
I called my doctor because I had a little bit of spotting (which I had during my first pregnancy) so I thought he was going to say no big deal. He told me to come in the next day just to check and make sure everything was OK. Well he examined me and said everything seemed allright but he wanted to check the heartbeat. No heartbeat! He tells me to go to the hospital to have an ultrsound done right away. I was completely freaked out. I had to sit in the waiting room of the hospital for over an hour (bladder way too full to wait over an hour!). Of course I was freaking out the entire time. When they finally called my name I was a wreck. Joe had offered to come with me but I told him no. I was afraid that by having him come it meant something was wrong...scewed logic but whatever. So everything is OK...the baby was too small to hear the heartbeat. The ultrasound tech said there was no way he could have heard the heartbeat. I got to see his/her heart beating in his/her little chest though. AMAZING!
Before the ultrasound I was completly terrified of having Baby #2. The ultrasound and scare definitely put things in perspective.
On a happier note, Zach has also moved to his new big boy bed. He LOVES it! I was so terrified that moving him out of his crib would mess up his excellent sleep habits. I brought it home with the thought that we would just leave it next to his crib until he was ready to sleep in it. He loved it though. He had gone to a couple of stores to help us pick it out and he kept climbing in them all to test them out. The first night he helped us assemble it with his tools and then as soon as we put the mattress in he crawled in and said sleepy time. He has slept in it ever since. No problems!
The crib is now ready for the baby! Goal one of two down! We are still working on potty training. Zach isn't really into it though. He will say he has to go but he never makes it to the potty. I think he just wants to get my attention. By the time we get his pants off he just wants to run around the house naked. This isn't usually a problem but I've discovered naked toothbrushing isn't the best idea (at least for little boys) :-) I'm not pushing him yet...hopefully he'll catch on to the potty thing on his own.
4 comments:
Wow, I can't believe you had the same scare that Keri had! Glad to hear your little peanut is healthy afterall. :) That's so cute that Zach helped assemble his bed with his tools. Kids are so fun. I definitely think Halle will be running around the house naked as soon as she can run. Every diaper change, she crawls as fast as she can away from me while I'm switching diapers. She takes every moment of diaper freedom she can get. :)
Oh my gosh... that naked toothbrushing comment made me laugh out loud! That is HILARIOUS (but SO true)! :)
Glad everything is okay with you and Baby #2 too! I can't believe your doctor got you all freaked out about the heartbeat when you're only 10 weeks pregnant! :( Glad you got to see your little one. :) I guess that's your first official ultrasound; huh? Did they tell you that your estimated fetal age is right on? That's one of the good things about the early ultrasounds is that they can verify that.
Anyway, I can't say enough how happy I am to hear that your scare turned out to be a false alarm too! And congratulations on the big boy bed... it looks super-cool... no wonder Zach loves it!
One more thing...
I just got this in my email. Thought you might be interested: http://www.americanbaby.com/ab/story.jhtml?sssdmh=dm15.88031&storyid=/templatedata/hk/story/data/17740.xml&esrc=nwast&email=737329372
I am so glad everything turned out to be okay. Do you have an ultrasound picture? Take a picture of it and post it! :)
We are both so lucky that our kids transitioned to toddler beds so easily. It must be because they are brilliant. :) I also loved that Zach helped with his tools. How adorable!
I have not really started on the potty training either. I am not going to push it and if I have two in diapers, so be it. I don't think it will be for that long though.
Post a Comment