Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My feet and my hands are supposed to be where?

The hospital where I'm having Kaitlynn offers a prenatal yoga class twice a week. I was very nervous about going but I loved it. Most of the women in the class had been before so they knew all of the poses. I felt a little awkward at first but by the end of the class I felt much more comfortable. I actually wish they offered it more than twice a week. It is amazing how good it feels when I'm finished. On the nights that I don't have Yoga I feel lethargic and unmotivated.

Not only am I loving the way it makes my body feel but it also fills me with energy. It is funny because the nights that I don't have Yoga I get nothing done. All I want to do is plop down on the couch once I'm done with dinner. On the nights that I'm out of the house for a couple of hours I actually am much more productive once I come home. I get the laundry done and the cleaning.

One of the other preggo's in the class with me last week was 38 weeks pregnant and she was still there. She was huffing and puffing but she said it still made her feel better. I'm hoping I can keep it up until the end.

I'm also hoping that starting this little exercise routine will get me in the habit so after Kaitlynn is born I will keep it up and lose some weight.

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I can barely lean over to pick up a toy off of the floor right now!

Angelle said...

I am so PROUD of you!!! I absolutely LOVE yoga and am still going here at almost 36 weeks. I promise it is even more fun when you are not pregnant though. :) Keep it up and you will feel different. You WILL notice changes in your body after the baby comes if you keep doing it.