Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My little reader...

So I know that Zach isn't really reading but I like to pretend that he is. I've been reading Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton to Zach for a few months now. He always finishes the words for me or "reads" along with me. Last night though he told me he wanted to read to me. He "read" every single word as I turned the pages. It was so amazing. He doesn't pronounce all of the works exactly right but he says something that sounds like the word for every single word.

I of course had to call Joe into the room so he could read to Joe also. Why didn't I think to get the video camera out for this event. I really need to be better with the video camera. All of my friends capture all of these great every day moments on video. I never remember though unless it is for a holiday or something.

I had my 30 week Dr.'s appt. yesterday. Everything is looking good. I'm very glad he asked me what hospital I was going to deliver at. I had taken a virtual tour of the hospital right by my house. It seems very nice and I was going to take an actual tour next week. I asked him which hospital he recommended (he delivers at 2 hospitals because they are so close). I had never even considered the other hospital. Well it turns out both of them are basically the same in all aspects EXCEPT at the hospital I was planning on delivering at they only offer private rooms on a first come first serve basis. He said there is no preference given and the likelihood of having a private room is not very good. When I had Zach we had to pay an extra $100 for a private room but it was definitely worth it. Coral Springs doesn't do that because they say it is discriminatory to people on Medicaid.

Again...WHAT???? Discriminatory! Ok I guess I'm being selfish but I really can't imagine sharing a room. I remember the first night in the hospital with Zach I cried myself. We were having a really hard time with breastfeeding. He was in the room with me the whole night and we both were awake the entire night. I can't imagine if another mom was in there "trying" to sleep.

So needless to say unless Northwest is awful which I highly doubt that is where Kaitlynn will be born. I need a private room.

3 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Awe! Bellee loves Barnyard Dance too! Did you notice that the song is on The Hive Kids CD? She loves for me to turn the pages as she dances along to the song. :)

Yeah... I can't imagine having to share a room either! It's hard enough when you're by yourself, much less having to worry about whether you're bothering someone else or if they are too loud for you. Plus, there are lots of ultrapersonal things going on that you probably don't want others to hear. Crazy!

stacy said...

UM YEAH! take it from me, someone who has worked at a postpartum unit w/ private and semi private rooms --#1 discriminatory my ass. If you can afford you may stay and have the luxury of a private..if you cant afford then share. that might sound awful but seriously...seriously?!!!! #2- like you said its nice to have the room to yourself for family bonding, moments of weakness (and meltdowns)..in conclusion that hospital you speak of is so ridiculous for saying first come first serve---stupid i tell you. hope all works out...um, did that make any sense it the way i worded it? haha (oh, and like who would want to share a bathroom...uh gross...do they know what happends to women after they have babies??)you can tell men plan these units

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Tracey, Jason's sister. I came across your blog the other day as I was looking at Halle's site. Anyway, just wanted to pass along that I had Vanessa at Coral Springs Medical and Rebecca at Northwest Medical so if you have any questions about them, don't hesitate to ask. You can get my email from Jason or Nikki. Oh, I also love the name Kaitlynn, that was our second choice after Rebecca.
Take care.