So Zach has been in the three year old class room at daycare for two weeks. He is doing wonderful! He has not had one problem since he has been in that class. They actually discipline the kids in that class. If they misbehave they get sad faces drawn on the board and when they do what they are supposed to they get smiley faces. If they get three frown faces they start to lose privilidges. So far, Zach only has smiley faces!!
This is such a relif for me. I had been dreading taking him to school for weeks. I'm so glad that everything is finally working out. I knew he wasn't a little demon (well most of the time anyway). He's two, all of you mom's know what a two year old can be like. I love going to pick him up now. He is always happy and playing contently whenever I go to pick him up. He always makes me come in his class and play a little while before we leave. He never did that in the other class. He was always ready to get the heck out of there.
On a different note, I think Zach really understands about the baby now. I love reading all of the blogs about the crazy things that our kids are saying. Yesterday when I went to pick him up from daycare a woman was there with her newborn. She asked Zach if he was ready to have our baby and he said, "My sista will be here soon". I almost died laughing. We should definitely have a tape recorder to catch all of these little quotes.
Belle-isms
11 months ago
3 comments:
That's so good to hear! I bet he loves being one of the big boys, and I bet that will help a lot once his "sista" is here... he'll want to help his mommy like a big boy does!
Leah asked a lady with a baby in a snugli "Did he come out of your belly?"
I am so happy about daycare. I know how relieved you must feel. You want to know you are doing right by Zach every day. Is he going to continue to go after Kaitlynn comes while you are on leave? How much leave are you taking?
Soooo glad to hear that Zach is happy and probably learning so much more in the new class. Good for you for getting involved and getting Zach what he needed! :)
Post a Comment