Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. We had a blast. Holidays are SO much more fun with little ones. Whenever I think about how much I love my children I am reminded of Keri's post about how kids make you laugh. That is the best way to sum children up.

We woke up early Sunday morning and made breakfast casserole. Zach loves to help me cook. Our eggs ended up with a little extra dried mustard though because when I wasn't looking Zach decided to pour it in. He also stirs a little aggressively but overall he is a fantastic helper!!

Then we made some strawberry rice krispy treats and used Easter Cookie cutters to cut them into cute shapes.

It rained here all day so we couldn't hide our eggs outside. While Zach was napping the Easter bunny came and hid eggs all over my parents house. He had a great time finding all of the eggs and he was disappointed when he'd found them all. He loved his Easter basket filled with gardening tools. My sister also got him an Easter basket filled with toys that a mother would NEVER buy her three year old like a foam shooter and water guns. The only meltdown occurred when I took the foam shooter away because he shot Kaitlyn with it. Really, people without kids just don't understand.

Overall it was a fantastic day. Zach ate way too much candy and entertained all of us especially Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn obviously was to little to fully enjoy Easter but she looked adorable in her little Easter clothes.

Best quotes of the day:
Zach (while eating a tootsie pop) - Everyone watch out the poop is about to come out.
(We didn't understand he was talking about the Tootsie roll at first. He is fully potty trained now and likes to announce to us that he is going so you can see the confusion.)

Nana- Zach is that a piece of chocolate on the couch?
Zach - No Nana that is an acorn. (Um...OK, I didn't even know he knew what an acorn was.)

Papa - Zach get your shoes on so I can take you outside
Zach - OK Papa but you go potty first. Then he literally corralled my grandfather into the bathroom.

Good times!!! I didn't have our camera so I have to get the pics from my mom.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Glad you had such a nice Easter! Can't wait to see the pics. :) I love Zach telling Papa he had to go potty first. Kids are so funny!

Angelle said...

Sounds like lots of fun. I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Keri Donald said...

I second that! Holidays are a totally different and superly more enjoyable thing with kids!

megAstar said...

Hey, not all people without kids are clueless! My apartment has plug covers and everything! Although I did allow my friend's 16-month old to continually eat jelly beans after she wasn't supposed to. It was a fun game! : )