I went to my parents house for dinner tonight. My sister was planning on spending the night there so she asked Zach if he wanted to spend the night too. Zach was extremely excited. He told me, "Bye Mom, leave now."
I packed up Kaitlyn and headed out the door (after installing the car seat in Melissa's car - which of course took forever. Why does it take so freaking long to put those things in?? Is it just me?) Ok, sorry back to the story. I was Crushed and excited that my baby was growing up. I couldn't believe the flood of emotions that this seemingly small thing brought out in me. I started to drive away and Zach came running out of the house. He wanted one more hug. I gave him a hug and closed the door. Then my father stopped me again. This time Zach wanted to hug Kailtyn and oh one more hug for me. I start to drive away again and Zach breaks into hysterics.
Zach is sound asleep in his bed here with me. Maybe he can stay a baby for just a little longer? I'm not sure I'm ready for "get out mom" quite yet!
Belle-isms
11 months ago
2 comments:
Awe! That story makes me not want him to grow up yet!
Also, love the new blog picture and your "Family Stew"! It's perfect!
I also love the Family Stew. Cute!
I am not ready for sleepovers yet either. Don't grow up too soon!!!
Post a Comment