I think since the kids are so little, mixing genders in a room won't matter. What do you guys think?
I think the kids might be a little small yet for bunk beds but this one from IKEA converts to a loft bed. Then they each would have their own space on each side of the room.
I would probably have it on the floor for Kaitlyn and possibly raised for Zachary. In the store display they have an extra mattress under the loft with pillows propped against the wall like a little sitting area. It is super cute.

3 comments:
I would definitely put the older kids together for now. Like you said, at this point, mixed genders don't really matter.
And I love the idea of that bed too! I'm sure Zach would LOVE sleeping up high. Check out "http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/" and search for "kura" (the bed name) to see a couple of ways that people have un-ikea-ized it if you wanted to change the bed up at all. :)
So... is his name definitely "Jaxson" or is that still up in the air?
Agree with Keri all the way. I think the idea is SO cute. They will both love having something the same but different.
Yeah, Zach is still young enough to share a room with his sister. I'm sure they will enjoy it. I can't wait til Elena is old enough to share Halle's room with her. I think they'll have so much fun together.
I love the idea of the loft beds too. Having that space under the bed once they're old enough to have the bed raised is a great way to add personalized space for each kid. Love it!
Post a Comment