Friday, March 16, 2007

Was that an organ?

(Not for the queasy)

We have been pretty luck in the Stewart house lately. Zachary hasn't brought home any nasty little bugs from daycare in awhile. Saturday night, however, he thought it had been long enough. We were out to dinner when he decided to throw up all over me. Oranges and cottage cheese (well it started out as milk...but we know what it turns into)! Why is it that children always throw up milk. Zach has on occasion thrown up just because he swallowed something wrong so I thought that was what had probably happened. I went out to the car and changed his clothes. He seemed fine so I went back into the restaurant since we were out with my parents and grandfather.

Five minutes later, again all over me. Luckily he stopped long enough to get home and fortunately didn't have another spell until the next morning. He actually was completely better by Sunday night. Thank goodness it didn't last long, for Zach anyway.

Monday I was sitting at my desk and all of a sudden I felt really bad. I thought it was just pregnancy nausea so I sat there a little longer hoping it would go away. It didn't. I left work on Monday and barely made it home. I got the same thing as Zach but I guess because I am pregnant it made it SO much worse. Stomach bug and pregnancy nausea is a bad bad thing. It only lasted a couple of days but let me tell you I thought one of my organs was going to come up a couple of times.

We are all doing well and everything is back to normal now. Luckily I had my 12 week appointment yesterday so the doctor could check and make sure that everything was OK. We heard the babies heartbeat this time so I was very happy.

Joe and I can't decide on our boy's name so it would be much easier if the baby was a girl. We both like Alexander Joseph for a boy but I want to call him Xander. Joe HATES that so we're stuck. We both agree on Kaitlynn Marie for a girl though. We wanted a family name but we didn't really like any of our family names so Kaitlynn Marie is a combination of the first letters of both of our parents, grandparents and sisters first initials.

4 comments:

Angelle said...

Ugh! School bugs are the worst! Leah had enough of them to fill buckets with vomit. I am glad everyone is over it. I know when you are already kinda iffy stomach-wise, taking care of a sick child is a nightmare.

I am so happy you were able to hear the heartbeat. Does Joe come to your appointments with you? Mike doesn't except for the ones where we are supposed to get ultrasounds. Now he has to go to the next one too to find out boy/girl because we didn't get to this time.

Kaitlynn Marie will be very successful in school. I don't really know that, but based on my experience with names, Kaitlynn's are smart. :) I agree that boys' names are harder.

Keri Donald said...

Why the heck is it hard to come up with boy's names? I agree, but wonder why that's the case. If we didn't have Corgan already, I don't know what we'd come up with. I love the idea of using family names (last names) as first names for boys, but I'm not really keen on any of our family names (NO, we will NOT have a Donald Donald, or a Kolumbus Donald). :) Good thing you had so long to come up with Zach's name Christina; huh? ;) I love the name Kaitlynn Marie too... very pretty!

Keith only comes to the important appointments too (heartbeat and ultrasound). Do you girls take your kids with you to your appointments? I haven't had to take Annabelle to one yet, but might have to for the next appointment and that worries me! I know I get impatient waiting for the doctor sometimes, and I can't imagine how impatient she would be. I guess as long as I don't have to have a pelvic exam, it shouldn't be too bad.

Glad to hear you're feeling better! That didn't sound fun at all. I still haven't had a bad puking incident (knock on wood), but I'm sure my day is coming!

Nikki said...

Oh, man. Sorry to hear you guys just went through this too! :( Glad to hear you're all feeling better though and baby #2 wasn't affected!

Kaitlynn is a beautiful name. And I like Xander too. Zach and Xander.. how cute is that?

I like family last name first names too. I think it's funny that Nicholson is actually one of the new wave of names, which I would love to use if it didn't mean he'd be Nick Konicki!

Nikki said...

I just noticed that your boy name is made up of Keri and my boy name middle names! Keri's first boy will be Corgan Alexander and mine will be Matthew Joseph. :)