Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Gator Poop

So we've been trying to get Zach to tell us when he has to go potty for months now. Since I've been home I've really been working with him. He had yet to go poo on the potty or tell me that he had to pee. If I asked him and took him into the bathroom he would go on the potty but he was still going in his diaper otherwise.

So during the really excellent Gator game Saturday...YUCK!!! Zach tells me mom I have to poop! What...really, lets go hurry! So we run into the bathroom and success. He went on the potty. My theory is that this was caused by the crappy play of the gators because he hasn't told me since.

I went to a school supply store and bought a potty chart and stickers for his successes. He has been doing well but only if I remind him. He hasn't told me again. I'm hoping he'll be trained before I go back to work but I'm not sure it will happen. I've read all the articles and books on potty training but it isn't working so well. I guess they all learn when they are ready. If any of you have some brilliant advice for me I'd appreciate it.

UPDATE: Tonight I saw that Zach was trying to go in his pants so I ask him if he had to go but it was to late. I changed his diaper and we did the ceremonial flushing of the mess down the toilet to show him where it goes. I remind him that he needs to tell me before he goes in his pants. Yes mommy...I'll tell you next time. About a half an hour later I smell something gross. Zach did you go in your pants again? Yup and it smells, he tells me. Aghh....at least I can laugh about it.

No comments: