Friday, March 28, 2008

Bunko

I had lived in my house for 2 years now and had yet to be invited to play bunko.

I was starting to think one of two things...either

1. I was disliked by every woman in the neighborhood (which I thought was highly unlikely considering I haven't met any of them) or
2. they no longer played bunko.

When we first moved in a lady mentioned it to me but then she moved out of her house the next month so I never heard about bunko again. I have to mention that since I didn't even know what bunko was and I don't have a lot of free time this was also not really at the top of my priority list either. But needless to say I was outside watching Zach ride his trike and playing with Kaitlyn when my neighbor invited me to play bunko last week.

I now know why I never see any children playing outside on a regular basis. All of the woman were grandma's (50-70). There were two woman in their early 40's there (including my neighbor) who have older teenagers but other than that Zachary and Kailtyn are the only young children in my neighborhood. How sad! I did find a teenage babysitter though which I'm very excited about.

I also found out the juicy neighborhood gossip. When the bunko lady from above moved out of her house, a family with 3 small children moved in. Joe and I were very excited. Zachary went to the 2 year olds birthday party a year ago February and we really hadn't seen them since. I wondered how a family with three children could never be outside. I continued to see cars in the driveway until about 4 months ago when there wasn't a car for almost 2 months. We figured the house had been forclosed on with the housing market being the way it is. Well about 2 months ago the dad's car suddenly appeared again. We thought they were back but no...only him. Well apparently a year ago 20 police cars raided the house and took the children away...don't know why but scary all the same. We were in that house!!! I guess I miss all of the good stuff while I'm at work. You hear these stories on the news but who knew it happens in your neighborhood in the middle of suburbia!

Sorry for the sidebar...anyway back to Bunko. It was fun, well as fun as hanging out with a bunch of grandma's can be anyway. One of them was a little pistol. She had a bit to much wine and was hilarious!! I lost my $5 and overall had a nice time. I met my neighbors and will now know the answer to the question above if I don't get invited again :-)

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

I'm SO jealous that you found a babysitter!!!