Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

I had a fantastic Mother's Day. Mother's Day actually started on Friday with a tea at Zach's school. They invited all of the mother's for a brunch. The kids sang a few songs and then gave us presents. He made me a vase with flowers, a hat to wear for brunch and a jewelery box with his picture. Zach was a little shy during the songs but he came home and sang them to me. The kids were all so cute and every mommy came. It was such a great day.

He also kept randomly saying Happy Mother's Day to me over the weekend. I melted each time!

I got to sleep in on Sunday. Joe got up with both of the kids and they made me breakfast. Zach absolutley loves to cook. He cracked the eggs and helped to put the ingredients in the pancakes and then he stired them up real good (his words).

After breakfast, we went to my mom's and had a very nice dinner of beef tenderloin and creamed spinach with mashed potatoes (my mom's favorite). Aunt La La (Melissa)bought some more age appropriate toys for Zach to play with including water baloons and a foam rocket shooter. Zach of course, loved them and played with the water balloons for hours. I'll post pics later.

I hope everyone had as nice of a day as I did.

3 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Awe! That's so neat that they had a tea! I love that!

Nikki said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day! Glad it was a happy one!

Angelle said...

Don't you love getting stuff from them that you didn't help with?

That tea sounds like a lot of fun. Happy Mother's Day!