

It has been forever since I posted last, shame on me. Kaitlyn just had her 9 month checkup on Monday. She is 18 lbs 9oz and 28 inches long. She is the 50% for both height and weight.
She is the most curious child I have ever seen. She doesn't want to sit still for a second. She is constantly crawling and climbing and pulling up on everything. She forgets that she doesn't know how to walk yet either. She will hold on to the table, chair, or whatever else she has just pulled up on and turn around and let go and just stand there for a few seconds with this puzzled look like why am I not moving. I'm pretty sure that she will be walking in a few weeks.
She doesn't have any teeth yet but that doesn't stop her from being a chow hound. Baby food...nope not for this kid. She loves whatever anyone else is eating. I've tried tricking her into eating baby food by sitting down and eating it myself first but nope, she is way to smart for that. She loves sweet potatoes, bananas and these crazy little Brazilian teething biscuits that Rosealia gives her.
She has the best temperament. She is happy almost all of the time. I cannot get enough of this crazy little scrunched face smile that she does. It is too cute. She does have a little bit of stranger anxiety though. She usually likes to smile at new people but she doesn't want them to hold her until she has been around them for awhile. If I'm not around though she is much better.
She also LOVES her brother. She never turns her eyes away from him. He usually loves her too and is glad to share his toys with her but sometimes he has enough. She is definitely going to be a tough little girl. She handles Zach pretty well.
Zach is getting so big now too. I can't believe he is closer to 4 now. He is constantly talking and asking questions all of the time. I love it. He really has an athletic streak too. He is good at hitting his T-ball, golf, swimming and dribbling a soccer ball. Thank goodness he takes after his Daddy!!! He usually is too busy to be bothered with his fine motor skills like coloring or drawing though. Last week was the first time he colored in the lines. He usually just takes the crayon and colors all over the page as fast as he can, but last week he actually took the time to color in the small details and stay in the lines. Amazing.
Overall everyone is doing wonderful. I'm a happy mommy!
4 comments:
I'm so glad you updated .. been wondering what you've been upto. I can't believe Kaitlyn is only 9 months and getting ready to walk!
I'll be down for a photoshoot on August 9th .. probably staying for a few days before and after, let me know if you want to have a playdate with Ella :)
(don't you love how I volunteer my niece??) of course we could do photos instead :)
Of course Ella and I are always down for a play date - my bad for not getting together sooner!
Also - Ella totally has the shoes that Kaitlyn is wearing!
Love all the pics of your kids, but the two in this post are my favorite. Gorgeous and gorgeous!
That Kaitlyn is a firecracker! Finally Erin is starting to keep up with her. Won't it be a kick if roly-poly Erin is still not walking at Hive and Kaitlyn is doing circles around her?
Post a Comment