Sunday, October 21, 2007

Good Weekend

We had a nice weekend nothing too eventful. Saturday morning Erica, Liz and Ella came over for Kaitlyn's first official photo shoot. Huge thanks to Erica! Erica was amazing with Kaitlyn. I'm sure she got some great shots. Kaitlyn spit up and peed on the backdrop before Erica got any shots but everything went smoothly after that.

Zachary on the other hand, didn't want to cooperate at all. She might have gotten one shot but I doubt it. Zach missed his nap and was in quite the mood. It is amazing two year olds are the most adorable sweetest things 95% of the time but that other 5% they are TOUGH!!!

After our morning photos we went to my parents house for the Gator game. Whoo!!! Go Gators! Zach played t-ball with the little boy next door for awhile. He loves his T-ball set now. He is getting quite good at hitting it off the tee.

He had a zachey on Saturday too. My father was making fun of my mom saying she was acting like a little girl. Zach looked at him and said, "I'm not a girl. I'm a big boy!" I don't know where he gets this stuff but he constantly keeps me laughing. He said a few other hilarious things this weekend but of course now that I'm trying to remember them I can't remember them of course! I swear I need a Dictaphone on all of the time to capture these crazy comments.

Today we didn't do much of anything. We set out for the playground but Zach fell asleep on the way...so we just came home. I interviewed a nanny today. I've never "interviewed" anyone before. She barely spoke English so she brought along my mom's housekeeper as a translator. She seemed really nice and she is going to send me some references. She spoke Portuguese so I didn't have any idea what she was saying. If she spoke Spanish I could have probably had a conversation with her but Portuguese no such luck. It will be funny if both of my kids are bilingual in different languages.

I'm not sure we are going to use her but we'll see. I know my mom said she will help out so we don't have to put Kaitlyn in daycare for the first year but it is going to be really tough. I thought if a nanny wasn't too expensive I could hire her a couple of days a week so I could work from home. I'm so weird when it comes to leaving someone in the house alone with my baby. I don't know why it freaks me out so much. Daycare might not be the greatest thing but at least there is always someone watching everyone else. With a nanny there is no one there to watch her. Kaitlyn obviously can't tell me if she likes her or not. I never thought I was such a control freak about it but I guess I am. I mean it is my baby!!! I know people leave there kids with nannies all of the time. I guess you just have to feel comfortable enough with someone. Maybe I'll relax after I see them interact for awhile.

1 comment:

Angelle said...

I saw the picture on Erica's site of Kaitlyn. Oh my GOSH! She is beautiful! Erica is amazing, isn't she?