Monday, October 01, 2007

Hurray she is finally here


So I was admitted today at around 3:00. I promtly went to labor and delivery where the nurse told me that I was not having very hard contractions. She checked me and I was 3-4 cm still. The nurses didn't think I was having contractions because evidently the monitor wasn't working. I kept telling them that I was having contractions but I don't think they believed me. Then around 7:00 the new nurse (shift change) came in. I told her...I NEED DRUGS!!! Ok well just give me a minute while I do a few things, she says. At this point I was in mucho pain. Finally she checks me and she says no epidural for you...you are having this baby NOW! I hadn't seen the Dr. at this point so they have to call him. The nurse literally had to hold the baby in for 10 mintues while we waited for the Dr. Um...OUCH!

Thank goodness my mom and Joe were there because I really didn't think I was going to be able to hold her in. She was ready to get out of there. The Dr. did get there and Kaitlyn came into the world at 7:43 pm October 1. No stiches necessary. YEAH!!

She is perfect. She got a 9 on her Apgar because her hands were a little pink but other than that everything looks good. She has quite a set of lungs too.

She is absolutely beautiful! I can't believe she is finally here. She was 7lbs 3oz and 19 3/4 inches long. Exactly the same as Zach except he was 2oz lighter. She has a headful of dark hair and really long toes. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

She already is nursing great. I can't believe how easy it was this time. My family just left and Kaitlyn is sleeping. Joe's parents are going to bring Zachary here in the morning to meet his little sister. I'll post with more pics and an update.

I'm not sure if any of this was coherent...it's been a long day.

Thanks for all of the good wishes. Click here for pictures

9 comments:

Keri Donald said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keri Donald said...

Welcome to the 'Mother of 2' club! Kaitlyn is beautiful and I can't get over her head of dark hair!

Wow... I know you weren't planning the no drugs thing, but it sounds like you did great! You're an awesome woman, and you look amazing in your before and after pictures!

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear about Zach's reaction to his new sister! :D

Laurie said...

Congrats! She's beautiful:)

Nikki said...

Thanks for posting so soon!! :) And thanks for uploading all the pics. You're so good to us! :)

I can't believe the monitor wasn't working and they didn't believe you were having contractions. Good thing for that shift change!

So happy to hear that everything went well (and no stitches! HOORAY!!). She looks gorgeous. I can't wait to meet her.

Congratulations!!!!!

Erica Lynn said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful :) I cant believe you did it twice without drugs .. you are a very, very strong woman!!! I'm also amazed that you managed to update us so soon and have a full album of pictures! Thank you so much for sharing :)

Can't wait to meet her!

Angelle said...

Thanks for the pictures! I LOVE the one after her bath in just the little shirt. She looks so peaceful.

Erin was 7lbs 4oz and 20in at birth. they are almost birth twins. :)

I cannot believe that you had to do it without drugs AGAIN! At least it went fast, which is a huge blessing.

Congratulations to your whole family and we hope to get to meet her in the near future!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady, How exciting! I'm so happy she's here and you both are doing so well. She's beautiful. My fav pic is the 3rd from the end-all peaceful in the little white shirt. Can you believe all that hair? I can't wait to hear from you. Hugs!

Christa

Mike said...

YAY!! girls rock.

Mirdonamy said...

Yay!!! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!