It is now day three of being a mommy of two. It is amazing! Yesterday went really well. All of the nurses at the hospital have been very nice. They have left Kaitlyn in the room with me the entire time. It is like being home. The nurses only come in and check her vitals but other than that you are on your own unless you ask for help. I like that this forces you to do everything but you know you have a backup just in case. I definitely feel more like a "mommy" this time. The diaper changes obviously weren't a problem. It only took a couple of hours to switch right back into infant mode. Nursing is going really well this time also. She is like a pro. I guess all of us 2nd timers have had an easier go with that this time.
My in-laws brought Zach up to the hospital yesterday morning. He was freaked out with me here I think. He wouldn't even look at Kaitlyn. He just wanted to lay on the bed with me. They left for lunch and brought him back around dinner time and he was much better. He wanted to give her a kiss but she was a little fussy at the time. We'll have to work on that :-) He still wasn't so sure about her but I think it will be better once we get home and he has me at home. He was upset that I wasn't going with them yesterday.
We are getting ready to leave the hospital. I've already been discharged but we have to wait for Kaitlyn's pediatrician to come and discharge her. He'll be here around lunch time. I can't wait to bring our new little girl home. It is amazing...I know have children!
I can't wait for you all to meet her. She is beautiful and perfect in every way. I can't believe how blessed I am. Check the gallery for more pics.
5 comments:
I am so glad everything has gone so smoothly for you this time. Quite a difference from last time, huh? I hope Zach adjusts quickly and being at home is as easy as being at the hospital. Lots of love!
You sound so happy :) Congratulations again .. I think I might be down next weekend .. the 14th .. I'll be sure to bring my gear down in case you're feeling up to a little photoshoot.
Belle was the same way... didn't have much to do with Corgan during her first visit, but then warmed up after that. :) I'm sure Zach will be a great big brother and will be happy to have his mommy home!
I'm so happy for you! You have a little girl now!! I too will be down to visit you on the 14th, if that's ok with you. Can't wait to see your little sweetheart!
Yay! congrats..so glad everything worked out so smooth. keep the pictures comin....xox
Post a Comment