Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cat and Mouse

You know that Tom and Jerry (or insert favorite dueling cartoon characters here) where Tom nails a million boards over the door so Jerry can't get out only to turn around and see Jerry standing behind him. Well...that was Zach and I tonight. I was almost at the point where I was going to nail him into his room tonight but I knew he'd just be standing behind me.

How is it that 3 year olds know how to be so creative to get what they want. I wonder if this skill improves with age.


Putting Zach to bed:

Take 1 - Bath, teethbrushing, 2 stories, 2 songs, prayers & goodnight hugs and kisses (I know our bedtime routine is long but I enjoy it too)
Zach: Mommy I have to go pee pee.
Me: Ok go quick and come back (don't forget to wash your hands)

Take 2 - Back from the potty, I'm about to leave
Zach - Mom, I forgot to flush (likely story)
Me - That's OK, I'll do it.
Zach - No mommy, I have to clean up after myself (oh you little punk, using my words against me)
Me - Fine hurry.

Take 3
Me - Good night Zach
Zach - Mommy I need wa wa (his only baby word, I correct him but it is cute)
Me - Ok Zach here is your water. Good night.

Take 4
Zach comes out to the livingroom.
Zach - Mommy I need to go big poopy
Me - Ok
Zach - After sitting on potty...I don't have to go anymore. (Big freakin' shock!)
Me - Ok go back to bed (another tuck in and other kiss)


Take 5
Zach comes out to the livingroom again.
Zach - Mommy I need chapped lips (chap stick)
Me - (mild frustration in voice)Fine, Zach but this is it.
Tuck in and kiss

Take 6
Zach comes out again
Zach - Mommy I got a boo boo can you please kiss it and make it all better.
Me - How did you get a boo boo laying in bed?
Zach - ummm....I don't know.
Back to bed Zach

Take 7
Zach comes out again
Zach -Mommy, with a huge adorable grin, Mommy I want to sleep in your bed.
Me - Melting and putting on my best mommy face to combat the cutest little boy ever, No Zach you need to go back to your bed.
Zach - Mommy stay 2 minutes.
Me - Ok Zach, 2 minutes.
Zach - Mommy you are pretty (oh he is good, isn't he)
Mommy you are my best friend (and manipulative, but still so darn cute)
Mommy you are a cucumber (umm...ok????)
Mommy someone sneezed on me.
Me -Zach, stop talking. Good night.

It has been a 1/2 an hour now and I think we might finally have a sleeping child. Phewww!!!

5 comments:

Erica Lynn said...

HAHAHHAH you're a cucumber?? I'd love to read his mind when he thought that up :P

Nikki said...

Awe, that's so sweet. Hilarious and clever and sooo sweet!

Keri Donald said...

What an adorable little trouble maker!

Mike said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. so funny. I love that he got a booboo in bed. howd you get that? i dont know.

Nikki said...

This post just came through on my RSS reader again. I don't know why I'm getting it a year + later, but it was one of my favorite posts, so it was fun to read again. :)