Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Long time no post

I've been enjoying my freedom and playing with my little monkeys.

Kaitlyn is officialy mobile...very mobile!!! She doesn't want to sit down. She began a sorta crawl like thingee a few days before her sixth month birthday. I found her standing in her crib on her 6 and 1/2 month birthday. At seven months she is crawling completely and pulling herself up on everything...stationary or not. This has proven to be very dangerous! A few days ago she began moving around while holding onto the furniture in a very crude crusing maneuver. I'm completely and totally amazed by her strength.

I rememeber with Zach waiting and waiting and waiting for him to get the desire to move. He just wasn't interested. He took his sweet time. If he wanted a toy that he couldn't reach...he'd find something else. Kaitlyn on the other hand, that girl, is determined. She has no fear. If she wants to get something she will stop at nothing until she gets it. She has done a few kamikazee moves where she throws herself at the object forgetting the laws of gravity and the fact that she can't walk yet. She is tough though. She falls down cries and gets right back up. My guess is she will be walking before she is 9 months old. Zachary was 15 months.

I'm so curious to see the differences in all of our children. It seems the opposite is true for Corgan and Annabelle and Leah and Erin so it isn't necessarily a birth order thing or a gender thing but evidently its a kid thing :-)

We had a really great time visiting with all of the gang in April. It is so much fun to get together with everyone. I took a few pics but see the rest of the websites for some great pictures.

On a realted note, our thoughts and prayers are with the Konicki family.

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

It's good to hear from you again! :)