Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Jumping on the bandwagon

I know it is New Year's and everyone is on the diet/exercising bandwagon but I am serious. I'm going to lose this weight and get healthy again. Hopefully blogging about it will keep me accountable. My goal is to lose 50 lbs.

I don't know why it is so hard to make myself exercise. I always feel SO much better after I work out. I feel like such a sloth right now. I'm obviously running around after Zach when I get home from work but it isn't the same as truly getting a good cardio workout. My goal is to do at least 45 minutes of cardio 4x's per week and yoga or a strength training video 2x's a week. Hopefully I'll be able to increase it but I think I'll start with that for now.

My sister who for the most part has a perfect body told me today she was also on a diet. Ughh...as if this isn't even more motivation. She said she wants to lose 10lbs. If she thinks she needs to lose weight...what does that say for me. LOSE WEIGHT NOW!!!! I know everyone has body issues but come on give me a break here :-)

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

I know you can do it! Go, Christina! :)

Angelle said...

Let us know what you decided to do diet/exercise-wise. I may be able to steal it! :)

Seriously though, good luck.

stacy said...

LUCK!...you can do it....!!

Mirdonamy said...

You can definitely do this! I have 12lbs to go for my goal. Erica & I are on www.sparkpeople.com if you want to join us! It's changed my life. I am eating so well and learning so much about nutrition, fitness and making new friends! It's free too!

Anyhow, I hope you are having a great 08 so far!!!

Hugs,
Arielle (mirdonamy on Sparkpeople if you want to find me there)