Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Kaitlyn's 3 month update - Easy Baby

I remember reading Keri's Blog on her easy baby and agreeing with many things. I don't remember Zach being a tough baby but Kaitlyn is amazingly easy. She is so happy and easy going almost all of the time.

I was afraid to put this in writing but she even has been sleeping through the night for a little over a week now. I feed her after I put Zach down for bed around 8:30 and she doesn't wake up until after 5:00. Since I've been off of work for this week. it has been wonderful. Zach woke up every two hours until he was 6 months old. I'm sure part of that was my fault though.

Kaitlyn also is so strong. She already can sit unassisted (propped against something) and she holds her head up perfectly. She practically is already crawling. She scoots up on all fours and can make it all the way across the bed. Zach was a slow mover and I think because his head was so big compared to his body it took him forever to hold that little melon up.

She loves to be sang too. She will giggle and coo if you bounce her up and down on your lap or look her right in the eyes. She loves to hold on to your shirt and she is constantly putting her fists in her mouth. She usually only has her binky if she is going to sleep. This morning when I picked her up to feed her she was sucking her thumb...I've been desperately trying to stop this which is why we NEED the binky! She still has a ton of dark hair that needs to be brushed often because she has a cowlick.

The only time she is unhappy is when she is in the car. It is the weirdest thing. She hates the car. She can be perfectly happy but as soon as I put her in the car she starts screaming. I've tried moving the seat up and down but nothing seems to work. If I rub her forehead while I'm driving I can sometimes get her to calm down but not always. She is the polar opposite of Zach. Still to this day Zach loves the car. He would fall asleep in the car until he was almost 2 years old. He doesn't usually sleep in the car now but he doesn't mind it all. If anyone has any suggestions on this let me know.

She is more beautiful than I ever could imagine. I feel like I'm the luckiest mom to have 2 such wonderful children.

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

Yea for easy babies (especially when you already have another one)!

About the car seat... did you check to make sure that the straps aren't hurting her (too tight? rubbing on her neck?). This sounds silly, but my mom was showing me that Baby Whisperer thing on Oprah over the holidays, and one lady said that she thought her baby just hated being in the car, but she found out through listening to the baby's cry that he was uncomfortable in the car seat and once she adjusted the straps, he was fine. Worth a try. :) Of course, she may just not be a car-baby. :)