Saturday, September 22, 2007

AMAZING!!!

I would desperately love to stay home full time with Zach and soon Kaitlyn. Joe and I are doing everything we can which right now isn't much to make this a reality. Since the housing market tanked and we pretty much bought our house at the peak we are stuck...at least for now. Well I've decided that if I have to work having a maid is the way to go. This also isn't really a financial reality right now (especially since I want to work less) but it was nice to see how the other half live.

This week I hired my mother's maid to come help clean the house before Kaitlyn gets here. When I left for work on Tuesday my house was terrible. When I came home from work Tuesday I almost cried. My house was sparkling!! I of course picked up before the maid got there so there weren't Lego's and trucks all over but she did a wonderful job. I know everyone has done the shove everything in a laundry hamper in the closet so the house "looks" clean when people cover over trick. Well I had done this and put a note on my closet door saying "DO NOT CLEAN". Evidently the maid doesn't read/speak English so she cleaned my closet anyway. She organized all of my shoes, swept, mopped and basically made my closet sparkle. It looks amazing. She also cleaned out my refrigerator. Once a week before I go to work I "clean" out the fridge. This basically involves throwing out rotten fruit or things I've forgotten about. I keep saying how I need to wipe it out, organize, blah blah blah. Well the maid did this. Everything was organized and it looked amazing. It is amazing how all of these little things can make you feel overwhelmed. I had the greatest day Tuesday! I have never felt so relaxed and relieved.

My nesting instinct has been a little overwhelmed lately by my wow it is really hard to bend over with this belly and inability to breathe instinct. By the time I get home from work and cook dinner and play with Zach and read him stories and put him to bed I have very little energy to do anything else. I really needed the extra help. I feel like I'm definitely ready for Kaitlyn now. I have a doctor's appointment Monday so I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Isn't clean wonderful? It's amazing how much difference a spotless environment can make in your attitude. Too bad it doesn't last forever... huh? :S

Angelle said...

I LOVED the maid service Mike gave me after we came home from the hospital with Erin. I made me feel so much better about being at home so much with a newborn.