Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Milestones

Kaitlyn rolled over from her belly to her back for the first time on Friday. She now is a rolling fool. My parents watched the kids for us on Saturday and I forgot to tell her. Whoops!!! Kaitlyn almost rolled off her couch. BAD MOMMY!!!

Joe and I also had a milestone of our own...our first night without the kids since Kaitlyn was born. Both of the children slept over my parents house. We had such a nice night. I know this sounds like a weird date but we had a blast. I've been wanting to go to IKEA since it opened so we started out there. We spent a few hours walking around and just enjoying each others company. I had never been to an IKEA before. It was fantastic and I got a bunch of ideas for organizing things for the kids rooms. Then we went to a sports bar and ate chicken wings and I even had a couple of beers. Thank goodness for pump and dump :-) I think it was the first alcoholic beverage I've had in over a year and a half. I'm not much of a drinker anyway but I was feeling very good. We then just went home and chilled on the couch. Aghh...I forgot what it felt like to truly relax :-)

3 comments:

Angelle said...

I am so proud of you for keeping up with the blog! :)

I can't wait to have a whole night out with no kids. I really want go out to a nice dinner in Charlotte and spend the night in a hotel for out anniversary. I am impressed that you guys did it. I'm sure it helps to have you parents close by.

Keri Donald said...

Awe! How sweet! Isn't it funny what we now consider a "date" and how much we cherish it?!

stacy said...

ahh...to be a parent.....haha