Monday, January 07, 2008

Sigh of relief


Today was Zach's first day at his new school. I was so excited when I dropped him off this morning. I sat in the classroom with Zach for about 15 minutes because he didn't want me to leave. I could tell that this wasn't going to help so I told him I was going to leave when they started circle time. He was pretty upset when I left but the teacher told me not to worry, she has been kicked, bitten, spit on and yelled at during this process and Zach would be fine. I was so happy to hear this from a teacher. The director at Zach's other school acted like she had never seen a kid spit or hit before. It made me feel better to know this was normal (well at least not extremely unusual) preschool behavior.

I called about 15 min. after I left and they said he was perfectly happy and eating snack with the rest of the kids.

He had a great first day. I already love this place. They sent this picture home with him today. They also send home a progress report every day which tells what he ate, what he got rid of and how (diaper or potty), how long he slept and what kind of day he had. I love it!! I'm so relieved. I don't know why it took me so long to make the change. I guess you just get comfortable and change is hard.

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

That's SO great to hear!!! I bet that makes you feel so good!

Angelle said...

Sounds like you found the perfect place for him AND you! I am so glad. I know how stressful child care is.